Friday, March 15, 2013

SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT

I'm so excited because I made my first cup of decent coffee since leaving behind my Keurig last summer! It's hard to make a good cup of coffee without an actual coffee machine, so you have to try a lot of different things. So, good morning to a great cup of caramel coffee!

I'm going to do something a little different today, I'm going to write a post about makeup (sorry boys!) Granted, my two main passions in life are traveling and writing but fashion and all things related to fashion come pretty darn close. Hence my fashion internship. Any who,  in school and even random women on the street will stop me and ask me if say, my eyelashes are real, what lipstick I'm wearing, if I am wearing blush or if it's just the cold Czech air.

Yes, my eyelashes are real, I do wear lipstick sometimes, and on a rare occasion I wear blush. I have been wearing it more lately in attempts to contour my face and make my cheek bones pop a little more. They got kind of lost under all the Czech pastries, beer and goulash the last 8 months. So here's a list of the makeup I use on a daily basis.

Depending on the day, I will either do my usual cat-eye, no eyeliner on bottom look but sometimes I get lazy and have a more au-natural look with just mascara on the top lashes.

As you can see, I love me some Rimmel London. It's a great line, it's affordable- especially as a college student- and most important, it's reliable when it comes to making you look your best. I have been testing out makeup for about 8-10 years now, and these products I find to be the best of the best. My lashes always look like a false lashes but without the actual false lashes. The eye shadow stays and is the perfect blend of matte and shimmer to make my eyes pop. The face products do not make me break out and they stay all day between school, work, internship photo shoots/interviews, editor (for the school newspaper) meetings, the gym and going out with the girls. They last a REALLY long time too. I've been using these products for a few months now and they are still like new. 

For the perfume, I have tried just about every perfume sold. I've been a Dior Poison, Ja'dore Dior, Juicy Couture, Dolce and Gabbana Blue, Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb (still a favorite), Britney Spears Fantasy, Burberry London and many more. I recently just settled on the Calvin Klein Euphoria. The funny thing is that years ago, here in Czech Republic, I was at my step-cousins...castle...yes, castle is actually an understatement...and his girlfriend had that perfume and ever since I promised myself I would one day own it. About 10 years later, I finally got around to buying the set (perfume, lotion and body wash) for my 18th birthday. I'm still a huge fan of Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb, it's just so dang expensive for a little bottle ($150!) 

I also like to spritz myself and my clothes with a light body spray as well, just for a little mix in scents. I went through the whole Bath and Body Works phase (I still do love some of their scents!) with the Sensual Amber, Chocolate Amber and Japanese Cherry Blossom. They are fabulous smelling and super cheap. A few months ago I switched over to The Body Shop's Indian Night Jasmine Fragrance Mist. I was in the store with some friends testing out the makeup and decided to smell the different scents...I fell in love instantly with this one. It's not too strong but not too subtle. The perfect combination with the Euphoria perfume. 

Tomorrow, I will post a hair products and tools post! Most importantly, travel on wanderlusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment