Sunday, January 6, 2013

Mountain Woman

Coming at you live from the mountains of the Shenandoah Valley where I have been skiing...or trying to ski...all evening but am now snuggled up on the couch with my 5 year old sister watching Disney Channel before a fire-place. Ah, the life.

My friend just sent me this cool list of "20 great things to do in Rome" from www.Timeout.com...I know what I'll be doing the 28th of January to the 4th of February.

Here's the list:
1. Greet the Old Masters of the Capitoline
2. Connect with your inner gladiator at the Colosseum
3. Stroll through the gardens of the Villa Borghese
4. Join an audience with the Pope at the Vatican
5. Throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain
6. Perfect your geometry at the Pantheon
7. Scope out delightful ice-cream at San Crispino
8. Photograph the city's best piazzas
9. Scale new heights to see spectular views
10. Glam up for a night at the Opera
11. Follow the legend of the wolf
12. Tease your tastebuds at Il Pigneto
13. Grab a slice of authentic pizza
14. Have a glass of white Frascati
15. Discover geek chic at a book bar
16. Browse in the boutiques
17. Amble around antique markets
18. Catch glimpses of Napoleon
19. Indulge in sweet treats
20. Stay up late for a drink

Do you wanderlusters ever find fun little lists like this before a trip and check everything off? This is the first time and I think I'll start doing it everywhere I go in 2013....maybe I will make my own lists after a travel and post it on here for you all!

I'm too excited for Roma; when I was younger I watched the Lizzie McGuire Movie...please tell me someone out there knows what I am talking about...and when they went to Rome I instantly decided I would go one day. That one day is now only a few short weeks away!

Well, I'm off for a relaxing yet tiring weekend in the mountains, catch you all before the big NYC trip. Travel on wanderlusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment