Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Late Post

Wait, it's already January 3rd...how did that happen?!

Well, I meant to post this later in the evening before festivities on New Year's Eve day but I got a little carried away and slept the past few days so here it is now.

Usually on New Year's Eve day, I take about 30-45 minutes to sit down and write anything and everything that happened that year which I felt was important or life-changing. Several big things happened in 2012 which will make it one of the most important years in my lifetime.

Here are just a few of the things I accomplished, that happened, or that I crossed off my bucket-list.
1. Graduated high-school.
2. Moved to another country.
3. Started college.
4. Get tattoo(s).
5. Celebrate my 18th birthday.
6. Surprise someone in a huge way.
7. Make life-long friends.
8. Travel to Paris/see the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
9. Move into my own apartment.
10. Paid my own bills for the first time...big-girl time!
11. Started this blog.
12. Reconnected with my extended family.
13. Met my cousin for the first time via Facebook.
14. Spent the summer before college with my childhood friends.
15. Moved by myself to another country.
16. ^ Made the life-changing decision to move to Europe.
17. Came up with a 5-year plan.
18. Started writing for a celebrity news website, my college's newspaper and was accepted for an internship with CollegeFashionista; starting the Prague page for the first time.
19. Cut out a majority of negativity in my life, in terms of people and places.
20. Began a DIY line with a friend...well still in the makes but the idea was created.

Of course, there are so many more things that happened this year or that I accomplished but these were just some of the main ones.

I'm so excited for 2013, a new year full of opportunities both travel wise. I already have a list of things I hope to accomplish this year, not necessarily resolutions but things I have always wanted to do that I hope 2013 will make possible. I can't wait to share them with all my wanderlusters at the end of 2013.

This weekend I'm headed to the mountains for a little skiing with the family then driving back Monday evening for a nap and then...NEW YORK CITY. As I said in my previous post, one of my favorite cities in the world. Too excited!

Next post will be coming to you from the snowy mountains...Travel on wanderlusters!

No comments:

Post a Comment