For those of you who don't live on this side of the world for the annual Oktoberfest in Germany but still want to celebrate with a day full of beer, friends, lederhosen and bratwurst, there are several towns/cities throughout the U.S. who can make it happen!
1. Leavenworth, Washington (from October 4th and 5th; October 11th and 12th; October 18th and 19th).
2. Cincinnati, Ohio (September 20th to 22nd).
3. Glendale, Wisconsin (Every Friday and Saturday night throughout September).
4. Helen, Georgia (September 12th to 15th; September 19th to October 27th).
5. Mount Angel, Oregon (September 12th to 15th).
6. Denver, Colorado (September 27th to 29th; October 4th to 6th).
7. San Francisco, California (September 20th to 22nd).
There is one near my hometown in Maryland, it's in Germantown, Maryland but I'm not so sure when it is...not at all like the real thing but hey, it's better than nothing!
So, if you aren't making it to Germany this Oktoberfest, are you going to any of the "Oktoberfests" in America?
Travel on wanderlusters!