Tuesday, January 20, 2015

For All You Book-Worms Out There

Gooooood morning wanderlusters and happy Tuesday to you all!

Today's post is going to a little dull, especially for those of you who aren't book-worms such as myself, but I'm still going to write about some incredible books I've recently read.

I've been reading non-stop since uni ended for the winter (we have about two months off). I seriously could not focus during finals week because I was in the midst of finishing several phenomenal books.

Here's what's on my bed-side table as of now:

100 Years of Solitude- Gabriel García Márquez
Orphan Train- Christina Baker Kline
Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
Marie Antoinette- Antonia Fraser
The Alchemist- Paulo Coelho

Recently, though, I've read (or re-read):

The Goldfinch- Donna Tartt
The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini
A Thousand Splendid Suns (my absolute favorite novel)- Khaled Hosseini
And The Mountains Echoed- Khaled Hosseini
Harry Potter (books 1-5)- J.K. Rowling
Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy

I've always loved reading and I did it for pleasure but I never felt that I got anything significant out of it. However, once I read some of these novels, I was amazed on how it provoked my thoughts and beliefs towards certain things. These are such phenomenal reads and I would recommend them (and more) to everyone.

Have any of you wanderlusters read these novels? One of my favorite things to do is buy a brand new book and read it on a long plane ride (like the one I will be taking in 6 days back home to Prague).

Travel on wanderlusters!

P.S. Tomorrow's post will be about a recent New York City trip I took upon arriving in the United States this winter. We went to various cafes, restaurants and tourist attractions so I'll share them + some photos with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment