Friday, October 5, 2012

Welcome...to the World!

Traveling with wanderlust. Sounds pretty accurate right?

Now, I don't know about you but I love to travel, I love to explore, I love to meet new people and I love to take photographs of these foreign places. I suffer from wanderlust. There I said it. I know you probably do too.

So, several years ago, upon discovering my NEED to travel and explore the world, I came up with a life goal/career plan for myself: become a travel journalist for National Geographic with my BA and MA in Journalism. With this, I will be able to travel around the world to the sunniest and darkest of places, to the places no-one dares to go and the places we all see on Google Image Search or Pinterest now a days. I made a promise to myself that I would do this with my life, and that is exactly what I intend on doing.

Now begins my adventures. About 8 months ago, I decided to attend university in Europe. I'm European, my family lives here, the people here are fantastic and I just love the country. I always knew I would end up back in Europe at some point in my life.

One morning back in February, I woke up having a revelation about my life: I wanted to travel and do what I want, not what everyone else in my town does, not what my family wants me to do, what I want to do. That being writing and traveling. I asked myself, "What are you doing? You have always wanted to travel yet you are so set on attending college in Europe and by the time you graduate, you will be so in debt you will not be able to travel often." With that, I made the best decision of my life, which is where I am now.

I won't tell you where in Europe I live, because you will soon figure it out as I post more and more pictures. Just know, not being biased of course, it is the best city in the world. Guesses?

Fun fact though, my family is from here, some live here and I can speak...well somewhat but more understand...the language.

So, welcome to the world. See the beauty of foreign places through my eyes and experience the beautifully delicious taste of wanderlust I'll be writing and sharing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment